Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Passage of time.

I recently took some family pictures for my own family. My mom and dad, the kids, my brother my sister....It was a great time and antics ensued. I didn't think much about it at the time, but I did a few macro and close up shots of my dad, just for practice and interests sake.

What I got stunned me.

I sat and stared.

And cried.

The picture didn't look anything like my dad, it looked time worn, full of age, maps of history. I hadn't ever just sat and looked at him. Looked into his eyes, that for once were full of joy from playing with his Grand kids, and not stern, giving 16 year old me - what for.

I don't think I realized that he was that old. The things he has seen. He was five years old in WWII. He's seen telephones be put in. Toilet paper invented. Wars, technology, morals chance, clothing get less, just wow.

I don't think I realized how important it is just to look at someone...to see who they are. What they are. Where they have been and to just take a moment, because it is so fleeting, to appreciate..........

The passage of time.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Awesome post! Awesome pictures!!!

Unknown said...

good post! Its hard to see a realize that your parents are aging :( :)

My story

Welcome to my blessed life!! Meet myself, a 32 year old stay at home momma. Meet hubby, who I have been married to for 14 years. We got married right out of high school, and while there have been many hardships, my husband is my best friend, and I wouldn't change a thing. We are living life with a 6 year old Grade oner, Gracie and 3 year old toddler, Alysha, which has its challenges, but we love every minute of it. God has blessed us with everything we need as well as tonnes of great friends and family.