Thursday, September 15, 2011

More than a year?? Really??

So today I was reading my friends blog, and I flipped over to my blog and looked at the last date I posted something and it was in March 2010???? What?? Where did the time go??? I really have no idea. I never really decided to stop blogging, I just didn't really find the time. I don't even write in my everyday journal. One thing I have been doing though is keeping a daily prayer journal, so I guess whatever journalism my soul needs is being taken care of.
So why am I back....?
Not sure. Don't know if I will even keep up with myself, or if this is just one more thing on my list to stress about, but we will give it a shot and see, I miss the regular reading into your lives.....

I have had a lot go on in my life over the past year, two of the biggest things are my brother in law passed away, who I have known all my life (my sister married him when I was 5, and so I have really known him 28 years...)and my big girl started kindergarten.

I am going to dwell on the kindergarten this post.

She started school two weeks ago and I am still not over it. It was so hard to relinquish control to some stranger that I have had the pleasure of only meeting once before.
To stand back and watch her awkwardly try and make friends on the playground.
To remember all the times I have screwed up and to know that I will never get a chance to go back and fix it.
To have that babyhood gone in such a quick blink of an eye.
Dearest Gracie,
As you start the next chapter of your life, I am sad. I want to keep you close to me always, to be able to wrap you up in my arms whenever I want and to have you like it.
I don't want you to learn bad manners, and to experience mean kids. I want your life to be innocence. This won't happen.
There have been times when mommy has yelled or been angry when I shouldn't have, and I would be kidding myself if I said that there wouldn't be more of those times. I wish I could take back those times and just held you a little longer. I will try...
I am also so proud, you are so polite and kindhearted. I hope that never changes. You are so smart, reading and writing little letters to everyone, we treasure them. I saw you reach out your hand to a lonely little boy today and you helped him overcome his fears....
I am so happy you are my daughter, and every year as you grow a little more away from me, I will love you more, and be a little prouder!!
Love you all the way to the end and back
Mamma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful letter! Don't stress about blogging that would be silly! Just do it when you have time and the mood moves you!!!!

My story

Welcome to my blessed life!! Meet myself, a 32 year old stay at home momma. Meet hubby, who I have been married to for 14 years. We got married right out of high school, and while there have been many hardships, my husband is my best friend, and I wouldn't change a thing. We are living life with a 6 year old Grade oner, Gracie and 3 year old toddler, Alysha, which has its challenges, but we love every minute of it. God has blessed us with everything we need as well as tonnes of great friends and family.