Thursday, February 07, 2013

Valentine Challange week 2

 


So last week, week one's challenge was to look for ways to praise my hubby verbally. I thought to myself no problem. I am not from the school of husband basher, when I get together with my friends I already make a conscious effort to say positive things, when it seems like so many women have issues with their husbands. So I thought that I had this week in the bag!! Well I was able to put a comment on FaceBook about my awesome hubby, and I made sure that he saw it. And when I was about I tried to find opportunities to say nice things about him and build him up, but well what do you know.....My big girl got sick, and really I haven't been out of the house a whole lot to get a breath of fresh air, never mind talk about my hubby. Another thing I was able to do was pray in front of our girls for him, and to thank God for him. I will keep trying though, I think it means a lot to men when their wives praise them and show them respect in front of others.

Week 2  January 28th – This week we will be a little more creative with our praise. I will give you many ideas of fun things you can do to praise your husband such as surprising him with a love message on the mirror, using sidewalk chalk to write on the driveway, making a toast to him at dinner with friends etc. Get creative with your selflessness!


 I think that this week will be a little easier for me, I already have some ideas; Slip notes into his lunch, a romantic dinner in for two (celebrate V day early), ABC notebook about why we love him, 
Sending texts, Emails, and one that I did this morning already, a JIB JAB Card every day!!! 

Here's hoping he notices!!! lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he will notice!!

jaksgirl said...

What a great challenge and you are doing great with it! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I will be following you now too. Glad we can connect again as well!
Good luck with the challenge this week!

My story

Welcome to my blessed life!! Meet myself, a 32 year old stay at home momma. Meet hubby, who I have been married to for 14 years. We got married right out of high school, and while there have been many hardships, my husband is my best friend, and I wouldn't change a thing. We are living life with a 6 year old Grade oner, Gracie and 3 year old toddler, Alysha, which has its challenges, but we love every minute of it. God has blessed us with everything we need as well as tonnes of great friends and family.